Wallace Fan – Principal
Having held senior positions in domestic majors and international financial institutions, Wallace Fan brings to his clients 18 years of commercial and financial management experience.
His specialties span across corporate and structured finance, financial analysis and risk management. In previous roles as a senior corporate and institutional banker at ANZ, HBOS Bank, Westpac, Rabobank and the Commonwealth Bank, he assisted in funding strategies, mergers and acquisitions of many top-tiered Australian corporations.
The high-level transactions he was involved in during his banking career included:
- A$1 billion APN financing
- A$1,49 billion Millmerran Power Project full review
- A$1.5 billion Lend Lease multi-issuer debt securities program
- US$6,000 million HSBC finance revolving credit facilities
- A$750 million acquisition financing to support John Fairfax’s acquisition of INL
- $750 million capital structure advisor for Commonwealth Bank’s OSF Property Fund
- A$550 million Foxtel digitization rollout financing
Wallace started Fidens Partners as an independent consultancy, offering top-quality strategic banking and financing advice to clients in 2005.
He is a guest lecturer for the Master of Finance courses at UNSW, University of Wollongong and FINSIA as well as for the Chartered Financial Analyst review courses.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Member of Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of New South Wales’ Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of California Davis
Wallace believes in striking a sustainable work/life balance and continuously renewing his physical, mental, spiritual and emotional energies. He holds a third-degree Black belt in Tae Kwon Do and has participated in sports ranging from dragon boat racing to squash.
Proficient in Mandarin and Cantonese as well as English, his other interests include food, wine and learning the guitar.
Much of his leisure time is spent with his lovely wife and two young daughters.